thanksgiving
One of my non-American, fellow vegetarian housemates and I are going to cook Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I would've been happy to just make a bunch of side dishes, but he has all these fancy ideas about nutrition and wanted something with the right kind of protein, so now we're having some kind of main dish with beans and mushrooms. I'm making some kind of stuffing (not something I'd ever eaten before my first Thanksgiving) and green beans (my concession to nutrition). I think the stuffing recipe I found will be enough for four times as many people as are coming, so I might be eating that for dinner for a while. I won't mind, assuming it turns out okay, and it's probably better than some of the things I've been eating for dinner lately (that has to be the focus of next month's Plan).
We did all our grocery shopping this evening and the supermarket was surprisingly deserted (although we did go to one of the least appealing in the area). I think I managed to offend the guest who drove us there by saying that I don't like cranberry sauce. The group therapy people claim that it's irrational to think that people might be offended by just stating your opinion, but I'm not so sure... Although, I guess their claim is more that there won't be any horrible consequences if someone is offended, which I guess was still true.
I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving!
4 Comments:
Eating my cranberry sauce, gagging and then saying "I really hate your cranberry sauce" would be offensive.
Telling someone that you don't like to eat the general category of cranberry sauce isn't offensive, it is just your opinion. To people who love the stuff (hubby...) it sounds like "more cranberry sauce for me".
Have a great Thanksgiving!
First, I think that anyone who is offended by your random dislike of cranberry sauce? Has bigger issues than you need to worry about. :)
And I laughed when I read "green beans (my concession to nutrition)". For me, green beans on Thanksgiving are ALL about the casserole...not so much healthy. But so good!
Hope it's a great dinner!
how did the stuffing turn out?
Post a Comment
<< Home