advice requested

Or the nicer-looking, non-vegetarian version?

Should I even bother getting snow boots? Will they be too warm if it's not completely freezing outside? Should I just get waterproof hiking boots so that I can use them all year round (assuming I ever go hiking again)?
That's what I've had before (from pre-vegetarian days). I actually bought a pair of these last year without thinking about the vegetarian issue, but somehow they went from being perfectly comfortable in the store, to painfully small once I took them on a trip, so I returned them. Should I just get a pair in the next size up?
I wasted quite a while looking at shoes today and didn't manage to find any waterproof, vegetarian hiking shoes, but if you know of any, I'd be glad to hear about them.
3 Comments:
Honestly? I think you should go for the non-veg snow boots. I know what winters are like where you are. My first two years there, I tried to get by with my hiking boots, but I gotta tell ya---the one time (if you're lucky and it's only once) all winter that you step in one of those deceptively deep icy puddles on the street corner and the frigid water goes over your hiking boot and into your sock? You will wish you had the snow boots. And I think there's a reason people in really, really cold climates used to just use, like, animal hides on their feet....leather will keep you warmer.
Plus, I think those non-veg boots are very much like the ones I had, and I loved them.
My non-PC 2 cents. :)
This site http://www.vegetarianshoesandbags.com/ has some great vegan shoes and boots. Check it out....Good luck! Warm feet are HAPPY feet!
Is vegetarianism your only conscientious hangup when it comes to footwear?
Post a Comment
<< Home