all baked out
I'm so tired. I just did the same xmas baking as last year: xmas cake and gingerbread cookies. I thought I would have time while the cake cooked for 4 hours to do some cleaning and organising, but instead I spent the whole time cutting out and transferring cookies in and out of the oven. I should really remember to start earlier in the day so that I'm not faced with a mountain of washing up at 11pm. I still need to track down marzipan, since neither grocery store I went to today had any (the first one didn't even have flour!).
I'm also tired from spending 4 hours today walking and xmas shopping. I think I'm actually done! It's a slight improvement over last year, even though my friends at home still won't get their presents until after xmas.
Tomorrow I think I'm going to look at xmas lights with a friend. I still think the Chinese food and movie plan for xmas day sounds good, but I might also be tempted to just stay home and read. I haven't read a book while not also being on the elliptical machine or a bus or walking in ages.
1 Comments:
i had to go to two stores today to find freaking cake flour. and never did track down meringue powder! i guess they think everybody cooks out of a box? sounds like you deserve a bake break! cheers :)
Post a Comment
<< Home