(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

happy new year!

I have all kinds of year-end/-beginning posts to write, but for now I like Neil Gaiman's perpetual New Year's wish for readers, so I'll pass it on to you:

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I
hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and
don't to forget make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only
you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.

I got most of those things (or at least the important ones) in 2007, and I'm hopeful for more this year. I hope you get them, too.

4 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's lovely! thanks for sharing it.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Happy New Year!!!!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger DrOtter said...

Happy New Year, may 2008 be even better ;)

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Happy New Year, Lucy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home