random bullets o' crap
- I didn't mean to abandon my blog for so long.
- I don't really have anything much to say now, but I felt like I should post something.
- I have actually been imagining blog posts and just not writing them down (usually because I'm thinking of them while trying to go to sleep).
- Maybe I would fall asleep faster if I weren't writing blog posts in my head.
- I've been a lot busier in lab lately, yet somehow I still feel like a slacker.
- It's kind of depressing that I keep looking forward to things quieting down and then realising that I shouldn't be letting things get quieter.
- I blow dried my hair today for the first time in at least 4 years. For some reason my latest haircut, which should've been the same as the previous several, looks all scruffy and I was hoping blow drying it would help, but it didn't really.
- At least it took a lot less time than I thought.
- Maybe it's my hat's fault.
- I don't like the one I made from nasty acrylic yarn that I bought for the colour without thinking about what it was made of (it's also just slightly too small).
- I'm working on a better one, but it has to wait for the matching scarf to be fixed.
- Anyone know how I can add length to a scarf that's knitted with rows going along the length of it? I already pulled it apart and reknit it because it was too long; I don't think I can do it again.
- While I'm asking advice again, anyone have any ideas for how to get a whole serving of vegetables into a sandwich without cooking them? I keep meaning to make some of the yummy-looking roasted vegetable sandwich recipes, but it's just not going to happen. Cooking dinners is enough for me.
- I started looking at some bento box lunch blogs while looking for ideas and started coveting the cute containers and things.
- They all say it only takes 5 minutes to make but I really can't see myself bothering.
- I think that's enough rambling considering I had nothing to say. I should go to bed.
7 Comments:
Oh damn, I lost my original comment. Um, I was saying that I can never be bothered ripping out and re-knitting things - I just keep on knitting, mistakes and all, and hope that if someone receives the knitted thing as a gift they will be too bowled over by the handmadeness to be worried about its deformities. So I don't know any solutions to your problem.
Also, bento boxes - love the cuteness and the neatness, but I know I could never be bothered creating cute little combinations, with vegetables cut into shapes. Although if I was a child with a wonder mother who made pieces of art in my lunch box every day, I would be very happy.
Hooray, I'm glad you're back! I was wondering where you'd gone. :)
Do any of the Gardenburgers have a lot of actual vegetables in them?
One of my favorites:
avocado, mushrooms, sprouts, jalapeƱos, spicy mustard, black olives, toasted bread with cheese (do you eat cheese?)
all raw
wait I thought of more things I eat a lot - hummus with tomato and cucumber slices
Miss Cee, I wish I had a wonder mother who made pieces of art in my lunch box now. :)
I only pulled apart the scarf because I knew I would never wear it the way it was. Usually I leave the mistakes in (um, Luckybuzz, H isn't going to mind one of the reindeer on his jumper having a slightly deformed leg, is he?)
Luckybuzz, I'm not sure, but that's a good idea.
Twirly, my current default sandwhich is hummus and red pepper (less soggy than tomato). Avocado etc is a good idea, though, thanks!
Make roasted vegetables for dinner. Make extra.
KathyR, my problem is I can only be motivated to cook once a week. I can make 7 dinners at once (I've been making a big pot of soup, plus something else), but I'm not sure I can add lunches as well. I keep thinking I should be able to cook a batch of lunch things another time, but it hasn't happened yet. I've just ended up using the veges I bought for that in the next week's dinners. Clearly, I'm just lazy and should stop complaining.
Post a Comment
<< Home