(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Monday, March 10, 2008

ugh

Somehow blogging has joined emailing friends and family as something I want to do in theory, but am resistant to actually doing. I started to write a post last week when I was freaking out about something, and I'd still like to blog about that sometime. I also made the graphs for a Plan post, but then didn't feel like posting, because I feel like my blog is just a boring list of goals lately. Plus, I thought maybe I'd do a post each month counting how many stars I got that month, instead of posting whenever I get to 30 in a row. That idea has resulted in me slacking off completely with the stars (I spent yesterday almost constantly eating and procrasting, just as an example), though, so I won't be sticking with it.

I read a post at the start of the month where someone mentioned thinking about their first sentence in terms of how it would look in the end of year meme, which unfortunately made me think of that every time I thought of posting. I didn't really want to have it be another whine or Plan, but I'm giving up on that today.

I've just spent 3 hours wasting time online, when I could've gone home in the nice saved daylight if I'd just done the tiny thing I needed to do. So now that I'm thoroughly sick of myself, I'm also giving up on the idea of trying to be interesting and am just going to post something so that I can post The current Plan and try to get some motivation back. Then maybe I can post about something other than work.

5 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger post-doc said...

I've had days (weeks, months) like that. So while I do miss reading you, I don't think blogging should be something you have to do. I do hope you find your motivation soon.

(This feels like the lamest comment ever. I'm going to blame cold medicine on my lack of ability to say anything cool.)

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow blogging has joined emailing friends and family as something I want to do in theory, but am resistant to actually doing.

Tell me about it... (Hi, btw.)

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've lost a lot of blogging motivation too. I'd say that if it feels like a chore, wait until the mood strikes, you know? We'll still be here, liking you and awaiting your next post, whenever and whatever it is. :)

(And just because you thoroughly kick my ass at Scrabulous doesn't mean I don't want to play with you! I do. Another game?) :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kirsty said...

Oops! I think we're both going to have to remove that thought about the first sentence from our heads, it's way too much pressure. It's bad enough feeling bad about everything else, isn't it? never mind blogging, which is supposed to be fun. Someone else I read has instituted a 'wordless wednesday' post, where he posts a picture--not necessarily one he has taken--and you know that's at least equivalent to a 1000 word blog post, right there.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Quiche said...

me too.

(See, lost motivation to write longer comments too. :( )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home