I guess my morning wasn't so bad after all
Somebody jumped off a bridge near my lab as I was on the shuttle bus going past this morning. I didn't see them, but someone at the back of the bus did and yelled out to ask if anyone had a cell phone. Nobody answered him until he said he'd just seen someone jump from the bridge. By the time I got up to my lab on the 8th floor, I could see people starting to congregate next to the street, then an ambulance and a fire engine showed up. I was hoping the ambulance would speed off quickly, since that would suggest the person still had a chance. The police cordoned off the area with tape and a second fire truck arrived and eventually I saw a group of paramedics carry a stretcher to the ambulance, but it sat there for another 10 or 15 minutes before driving away. I didn't hear any sirens, so I guess the person didn't survive. Now there's a tow truck on the bridge, towing away their car. The only thing left is the ring of yellow tape.
3 Comments:
o my god, how awful.
Oof. Terrible.
I used to work in a building that was popular with jumpers. Which was odd, considering that you had to bash out a window to do it. But two did while I worked there and I heard of others.
Proximity to that kind of tragedy = disconcerting. Weird. Unsettling.
Wow. That's intense.
Post a Comment
<< Home