(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

cute baby hats

I'm trying to think happy thoughts and not dwell on my sucky last couple of days (I didn't find my wallet today). To that end, I've been looking at cute, knitted baby things. I finished H.'s jumper just in time for him to be born (although I haven't posted it yet). Today I had ice cream with a friend who has a baby due in September so I thought I would knit her something, too.

Dressing babies as fruits and vegetables seems to be a common theme. My favourites are the pineapple, tangerine and pumpkin*. I also like this viking helmet.

My favourite so far, given that the parents are pretty geeky, is this space invaders one:

I'm going to a sock knitting workshop on Saturday and I think we're going to make baby socks to practise, too.

*pattern links:
Pineapple (link also has a different viking helmet)
Tangerine
Pumpkin

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pumpkin is pretty cute.

Also, I'm so excited about H's jumper, I can't even tell you. :)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

The jumper should arrive tomorrow, Luckybuzz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home