The Plan: June 2008
1. Lab
May didn't end as well as it began. I was doing so well until a week and a half ago when I accidentally spent too long online twice in one week. The first time, I made up for it by barely going online and working all the next day, but the day after I wasted so much time that I didn't get home until after midnight, so the star was so completely shot that I just gave up.
Still, May was a lot better than March and April (and was possibly better than January before I messed up), so I just need to come up with an alternate plan for not giving up entirely if I mess up a day. This is my current suck that needs patching. I was thinking about things I don't give up on after messing up the current month's goal, like exercising now and budgeting (which hasn't even needed to be part of The Plan to (mostly) stick to). I think the difference is having a longer term goal to aim for (I'm secretly hoping to exercise more days this year than last, although I have a feeling I'm not on track for that). So, there are 213 days left this year. I'm going to aim for 190 stars in that time, which is just under 90%. I'll adjust the number if I'm travelling or something.
The other thing I need to do is get some kind of notification telling me when I'm about to go over my allowed internet for the day, since I only went over by accident at first (and then kept going once the day was ruined). I said I was going to use the interruptron last time, but I never remembered to set it up in the morning. I discovered that leechblock has all kinds of fancy customisable settings, though, so maybe I will use that instead.
I'm also going to try to set up a morning routine for once I get to lab. I need to plan my day and start working before I even get my laptop out of my bag. That makes it so much easier to have a productive day.
2. Health
This went pretty well, despite giving up on working. I was still trying to eat vegetables (except that I didn't make it to the supermarket last week and didn't have enough vegetables to last the week), although I did start eating more crap. I think I got used to that, unfortunately, so it's been hard reminding myself not to snack this evening. Going to bed earlier was definitely a good idea, although it's hard to stop chatting with my favourite person, sometimes.
3. Social
I need to reply to emails, but I think I'm adding too many goals already this month, so this will have to wait for yet another attempt next time. I want to ask a couple of people about doing fun things soon, though.
I think blogging counts as being sociable, too, so I'm going to aim for 2 posts a week. I know I said I was adding too many goals, but this isn't a daily one, so I think it's okay.
4. Being Unselfish
This hasn't been in The Plan for a while, but I keep walking past the blood donation centre and feeling bad, so I'd really like to at least do that this month.
Labels: The Plan
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home