(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

knitting for my country


I entered the Sock Put event of the knitting olympics held at Ravelry. This means I'm planning to knit a pair of socks between the opening and closing ceremonies. I thought this was going to be tough, but I've already turned both heels (the picture was from Sunday night), so I'm pretty sure I'll finish early. Now I wish I'd signed up for more events.

5 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger EthidiumBromide said...

Somehow, I totally missed the Ravelympics. Sounds like fun!

Oh well, probably for the better, considering I've been getting into lab before 5:30am every morning and not leaving before 10pm... doesn't leave much time for knitting or crocheting anything. Sigh.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Gorgeous colors!

I just bought sock yarn for the kids, and am very dubious about my ability to do it. I may have to request a tutorial from you!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

EtBr, your schedule is horrible! I hope you get some time for knitting/crocheting soon.

Phantom, this was my first pair so I'm hardly an expert, but any excuse to meet up. :)

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

All right, then. You're on -- let's make sock plans when I return, okay?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

Phantom, definitely. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home