ravelympic gold!

I finished my socks!
(Trust me; there is a second one.)
I think I may already have become one of those weird knitters who is constantly knitting socks. I didn't really see the point, since why would I spend so much on yarn, plus many hours of work, when I could just buy Smartwool socks. There are so many pretty sock patterns, though, and gorgeous yarn and they're pretty quick to knit... I just bought some more yarn in C'landian colours to make patriotic socks with, hopefully while the Olympics are still on. And I couldn't resist this beautiful, rainbow-coloured yarn, but I have a Plan for that. I hope that will last me quite a while.
4 Comments:
Welcome to the weird obsession of sock-knitting! It really can happen to anyone.
Yay! Another sock addict!
I didn't realize there were Ravelympics until it was really too late to begin. So I'm watchign from the sidelines.
If you're liking socks, check out Schaefer Yarns. They're local to me, so my LYS carries a lot of the colors, and I groove on their marketing strategy of naming their color schemes after famous women. I'm a sucker for being able to say "Ah, well my next socks will be in Elena Piscopia - oh? WShe was the first woman to get a PhD, in 1678."
Thanks, Songbird :)
Sara, there's always the sign-up-free Slacker Ravelympics, which you can still join. That yarn is very cool, thanks!
Those socks are awesome! And I love that you're making patriotic socks. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home