rboc
- So far, I've worked 55% of this week
- I forgot an important rule yesterday, though, so even though I spent 7 hours working and met my 50% goal, I also spent nearly 5 hours online.
- Starting today, no more than 3 hours a day of internet while at work.
- For a while now I've been wondering if I'd started developing psychosomatic RSI. I know two people who are almost completely incapacitated by it, so I thought maybe I was just imagining that my wrist was sore. It does seem to get worse when I spend 5 hours at my incredibly unergonomic desk, though, so today I tried to fix that.
- I now have a spare box of tissue culture plates to rest my feet on, a stolen external keyboard and a stack of phone books to sit my laptop on.
- If nothing else, it's already improved my posture.
- Luckily, knitting didn't seem to hurt my wrist.
- My patriotic yarn shipped yesterday, but it has to cross the whole country, so I'm not sure when it will arrive.
- I got a real-life ravelympic medal, kind of. They're selling souvenir pins so I got one.
- I have farm share pictures again!
- I missed a couple of weeks because one week I went out and ate previously frozen meals (usually I'm reluctant to reduce my stocks, which kind of defeats the purpose of having them, but this time I was happy to get rid of the borscht, even though it did taste fine) and the other the person in charge forgot to pick up our veges.
- This week I made bean and kale (and various other things I had lying around) ragu. It was a lot yummier than I expected (especially considering I mistakenly added the beans 50 minutes before I should have). Also spicier, since I just put the whole two peppers I had in.
- I also made cucumber salad, since I didn't mind the one a housemate made for a barbecue recently. Mine wasn't terrible (mainly thanks to lots of fresh basil), but I still don't like cucumber.
- I got another cucumber this week, unfortunately, but at least it's only one. Plus corn and beans and a little pumpkin (according to the Americans, it's a winter squash, but it looks like a pumpkin to me).
- I'm not sure what to do with the corn. I like corn a lot, but that means I'm a little reluctant to waste it on recipes where frozen corn is just fine. I do have four ears of it now, though, so I can afford to mix it with something.
- I have to get up early and go to the gym tomorrow, and then I have a busy day of work planned, so I should go to bed. I guess I'll add the photos later, sorry.
Bonus bullet:
- I just got to lab and am unable to focus on anything around the distance my laptop is now at. Maybe this wasn't such a great idea. I'm wearing the glasses I got last time I was home because they were free and they're helping a bit. I hope my vision comes back, though.
1 Comments:
Oooh, that bean and kale thing looks pretty good!
Post a Comment
<< Home