something is better than nothing
I was travelling over the weekend and didn't even think about NaBloPoMo until I'd already missed a couple of days, and then what's the point in continuing?
I'm also having the same problem with working. I messed up the star thing last week and have been struggling ever since. I'm going home for a long visit in less than two weeks, so now I'm at the point where I feel like I'm not going to get enough done before then, so why not just give up and do nothing? It doesn't help that my non-work-related to-do list is long enough that I could probably fill up most of my time just working on that.
This kind of all-or-nothing thinking is one of the cognitive distortions that came up in cognitive behavioural therapy for social anxiety, but obviously my problem with it is more widespread than just when thinking about social situations.
I'm going to try to at least go back to only taking 10 minute breaks with an hour of work in between, even if I don't do everything else. I really have to get these things done before I go:
- PCR, westerns on infected cells
- extended time course
- PCR on cDNA from last week
- westerns on lysates from last week
- cloning
- talk to B about 2D gel
- analyse data from last week
- plan transfections
- ask T about expression
- repeat westerns for different treatments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home