year end diagnostics 2008
I usually love looking back on the previous year and planning ahead for the next one. I have mixed feelings about 2008, though. Looking back, it seems disappointing, but I think I feel like it was worse than it was because I didn't see such big improvements in my behaviour as I did in 2007. I was starting from a much higher baseline, though. At least I maintained the changes I'd made and made some progress. I definitely still have some big things to work on this year.
I updated my blog mood graph, even though it probably isn't as accurate this year, given that I didn't blog anywhere near as much. I think I tended to blog more when I was feeling bad, too, so I'm surprised it doesn't look worse. (2008 is only the far right. The graph goes back to 2006)
My life rating is pretty much the same as last year. I'd like to improve my family and friends score. I'm not sure why it went down a bit this year or why my spirit score went up.
| This Is My Life, Rated | |
| Life: | |
| Mind: | |
| Body: | |
| Spirit: | |
| Friends/Family: | |
| Love: | |
| Finance: | |
| Take the Rate My Life Quiz | |
I was surprised that my authentic happiness score went down again to 2.5 (it was 3.04 last year), though, because I was feeling pretty positive as I took it. I think the biggest thing holding me back there is that I don't enjoy my work that much. That's definitely something I've got to work on this year, or at least think of a solution to, even if I can't change anything until I'm finished with my PhD.
Actually, maybe there isn't such a difference. I went back and gave the most positive answers I could without lying and got 2.92. I still think I need to figure out what work I would enjoy, and improve my self-esteem, but I don't think I'm really unhappier than last year.
2 Comments:
I think maybe realizing that you genuinely don't enjoy your work (and it's not about there being something wrong with you that you can't bring yourself to do it) qualifies as a Fairly Major Accomplishment for 2008, really.
[Word verification: prating. Quite!]
Well, I'm not sure I have entirely realised that, actually, but I seem to be getting closer. I'm not sure it can't also be that there's something wrong with me, so I guess there's that to think about, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home