Lenten Plan

I am still not doing so well with The Plan, but I have been doing more work and going to bed earlier, at least. I'm not at all religious, but lent seemed like a nice time for yet another fresh start. Of course, then I didn't quite meet my goals today and I think not having posted them publically made it easier to let them slide. I don't want to give up and wait for the next neat starting point and lent is already pretty arbitrary for me. So, here we go again.
Everyday until April 12th, I am going to:
- exercise
- eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables and only one treat
- leave home by 9.30am
- work for at least an hour before doing anything online
- use the internet for no more than 15 minutes at a time, separated by at least an hour of work
- make a list of what to do the next day
- go to bed by midnight
If I do all that, I'm going to get the mp3 player that was going to be my reward way back in October. I might even make it an iPod.
I keep waiting for concentrating on work to seem easier or more imperative, but it's never going to unless I just do it.
Labels: The Plan
3 Comments:
Wow, that's quite the list. Good luck!
so how's it going so far?
I have had some success with plans like this when I gave myself credit for just doing the thing (like exercise: the important thing was to get to the gym, and it didn't matter whether i worked out for 5 minutes or 30, the point was I was in the gym; ditto with the healthy servings, where the key was the content, not the size of the serving). YMMV, but I hope you're managing to balance gentleness with yourself and structured expectations so you can move in the direction you want.
Good luck! I hope you are well on your way to an ipod!
Post a Comment
<< Home