theatre quiz
My mum has booked her flights to visit me for the first time, several months from now. We'll probably go to New York for a weekend and it will be her birthday so I thought I would get us tickets to see a musical. The Lion King is never going to make it to my hometown, and I thought it was fantastic, so that's an obvious choice. She would also love Billy Elliot, which might eventually make it home (although not with a Tony-winning cast). I've had good luck with picking plays based on whether student rush tickets are available, but I'd like to plan something in advance.
So, I started looking at ticket availability and I'm having trouble weighing price vs quality. For The Lion King, if you pay a lot, you can get awesome seats. Or you can pay a bit less and get crappy seats. Billy Elliot has a greater range of quality and prices.
I'd like to surprise Mum, so I'm going to ask you what you'd prefer, instead of her:
Thanks for your help!
3 Comments:
My mom got tix for Billy Elliott. I'd rather see two shows than just one. But then again, I always insist on sitting in the front row ...
Just one weekend? Two shows might be a lot, but maybe your mom is a big musical fan. But maybe a musical (either one, with awesome seats) one night, and a fun dinner the next, or something like that?
Shrinky, if it were just me, I'd get the two crappy tickets. We would be almost at the back though, which is why I'm not sure it's worth it. For the same price, we could be in the third row of The Lion King, but I'm still not sure one show is worth that much.
Kermit, it would be a long weekend but maybe you're right.
Post a Comment
<< Home