Fifteen movies (plus ten)
Badger has a cool meme going of the best fifteen movies of the past fifteen years. Here's my attempt (in no particular order, except maybe the first couple):
1. The Station Agent
2. Children of Heaven
3. Being John Malkovich/Adaptation/Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind*
4. Amelie
5. The Fisher King
6. Requiem for a Dream
7. Ghost World
8. Donnie Darko
9. The Hours
10. Rabbit Proof Fence
11.The Shawshank Redemption
12. Dancer in the Dark/Breaking the Waves/Dogville
13. Whale Rider
14. You Can Count on Me
15. Lantana
Plus a bonus list of movies I'm happy to watch multiple times, but not put on my list of "best" movies:
1. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
2. Happy, Texas
3. About a Boy
4. Reality Bites
5. The Truth About Cats and Dogs
6. L'Auberge Espagnole
7. Mermaids
8. Sleepless in Seattle
9. Finding Nemo/Monsters Inc/ The Lion King
10. Garden State
*yeah, I'm cheating, but I'd never get it down to 15 otherwise and this is just based off my netflix ratings, there are probably others I've forgotten about.
Labels: memes



5 Comments:
I LOVE THE FISHER KING!!!
I first saw that when I was maybe 12 or 13 and my brother kept changing the channel to some stupid Kevin Costner movie so I wondered for years if I'd just imagined it being good. I finally got it from netflix this year and still loved it, though.
Your list is a lot better than the imdb editors. I can't believe how many of them had Terminator 2 on their list. Or Titannic.
I could watch Requiem (but not the Jared Leto shooting up scenes at the end) and Donnie Darko on repeat for days on end. It's the musical montage scenes that really do it for me.
I was surprised how many people had the Matrix on there too, although that's not as bad as Titanic.
I've actually only seen Requiem once because, while I thought it was brilliant, I'm not sure I could watch any of the ending again. I just got a book by the same author out of the library, but I'm not sure I can finish it since it's written in spoken slang with no punctuation.
Where's your list of top movies? :)
Ask and ye shall receive! But I warn you that I reject the premise of the meme.
Post a Comment
<< Home