(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

favourite books 2010

So, I never actually meant to stop blogging entirely... I've thought about restarting quite often, but I feel awkward, and it's easy to put off. I kind of wanted to post my favourite books of 2011, though. It looks like I had the same thought last year because this was post was sitting here when I logged in.

1. An Invisible Sign of My Own by Aimee Bender. I really liked The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, her most recent book, but this was much better.

2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I don't usually include non-fiction in my list, but this definitely deserves a place.

3. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann. I read this in one evening, despite its length.

4. How to Buy a Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson. I wasn't sure about the premise of this book and some of the characters were a bit over the top, but I still loved it.

5. The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I loved all of this up until the last few pages, but then I found out it has a sequel, so I'll let the ending slide for now.

6. Natural Flights of the Human Mind by Clare Morrall.

7. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. This was my reward for handing in my dissertation.

8. The World to Come by Dara Horn.

9. A Love Story Starring my Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner. I seem to have been a teen girl in my reading taste this year.

10. Skippy Dies by Paul Murray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home