(Pictures by Dave McKean from The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman)

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Countdown

Because I feel bad for not posting, but am fairly uninspired.
Via Luckybuzz and Kermit.

10 Firsts

1. First best friend: Lucinda.
2. First car: I kind of owned my brother's tiny, $500 car while he was overseas, but I only drove it a few times before discovering it wasn't at all roadworthy.
3. First love: I'm not sure.
4. First vacation: Probably the beach, with my family.
5. First job: Hearing my mum's students read.
6. First piercing: Ears, when I was 14 (I wasn't allowed any earlier). I thought about getting the top of my ear pierced a while ago, but my mum said she would refuse to be seen with me. I'm less concerned with what she would think now, but given how infrequently I change my earrings, I'm not sure I care enough to do it.
7. First concert: First concert I went to of my own accord was Spiderbait. First concert I was taken to by my parents was probably an orchestral thing for kids (I'm glad that came before the Christian pseudo-pop concert...)
8. First record/CD bought: Also Spiderbait, and Ben Folds Five at the same time. Oh, but I think my brother and I split a Pet Shop Boys CD before that... (I will argue I was coerced into it by him.)
9. First real love: n/a
10. First screen name: I don't remember what I used to sign up for bulletin boards before we got the internet, because I think my brother and I made up a bunch of different names so we could cheat and download more, but after that I just used my real name.

9 Latest
1. Latest alcoholic beverage: I don't remember. Christmas, maybe.
2. Latest car ride: My advisor drove me from one lab to the other today.
3. Latest movie watched: All About My Mother.
4. Latest phone call made: To call a cab from school to lab, since I got a cab voucher.
5. Latest jacuzzi bath: I don't remember.
6. Latest played CD: Camera Obscura, Underachievers Please Try Harder
7. Latest time you cried: Talking to my mum on the phone.
8. Latest meal: Cheese pizza (free lunch!).
9. Latest curse: Dead laptop screen.

8 Things You Wear
1. docs
2. jeans
3. t-shirts
4. star earrings
5. mittens
6. hat
7. scarf
8. watch

7 Have You Ever

1. Dated one of your best friends: No.
2. Been arrested: No.
3. Fallen in love at first sight: No.
4. Been in a TV program: Yes.
5. Had your heart broken: No.
6. Said you love someone without meaning it: Yes.
7. Made a prank phone call: No.

6 Things You've Done Today
1. Gone to the gym.
2. Made porridge for breakfast (with raisins, peaches and brown sugar).
3. Knitted some hat.
4. Read a paper (that was my 30 mins of productivity).
5. Looked at laptops online.
6. Written some emails (some of them work-related, at least).

5 Favorite Things
1. Flying.
2. Polar (and other) bears.
3. Books.
4. Blogs.
5. Hugs.

4 People I Can Tell Anything
You and you and you and you.

3 Choices
1. Black or white? White, because I hate black, but really neither.
2. Winter or summer? Summer.
3. Chocolate or chips? Chocolate.

2 Things to do Before you Die
1. Travel a lot more.
2. Graduate.

1 Thing You Regret
1. The whole LtEHB saga.

Something you could do an infinite number of times:
Daydream.

Now that I've done that I might be feeling more inspired to blog, but maybe I'll save my inspiration for later.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home