end of year meme
As seen at Dr Brazen Hussy and Luckybuzz's:
1) Harken back to your archives.
2) Collect the first sentence you wrote every month for the whole year.
3) Entertain us.
January: I really hope today is not indicative of the year to come, even if it is entirely indicative of the year just ended. (sadly, it was)
February: I listen to music on my laptop (whose fan almost constantly makes a loud buzzing noise now) so I'm obviously not a sound quality snob.
March: I was stricter with my definition of visiting for this one.
April: I just went and stupidly said I was free to join housemates for a dinner party, then I freaked out again and realised that I've procrastinated long enough today that I won't get my lab work done until too late, which gives me a handy excuse to get out of it after all, but now housemate has emailed me back saying he's "really glad" I can join them, so I feel too guilty to use the excuse... (that's 3/4 of the post right there in one sentence)
May: Apparently it's worse than I thought...
June: hi, welcome!
July: Everyone's doing this cool meme, so I want to join in, too.
August: I read this post at academic secret last night and, since almost every one of the traits of a chronic procrastinator could accurately describe me, I followed the link to Procrastinators Anonymous.
September: I'm entirely giving up on plot summaries, in an attempt to catch up on books I've read (I still have enough to fill another post after this).
October: I discovered the secret to getting to lab at a reasonable hour: reset my alarm clock from Conference Country time to EST +1.
November: It was a struggle to get my 15 points today.
December: Light a candle for World AIDS Day here and Bristol-Myers Squibb will donate $1 to the National AIDS Fund
I'm not sure how entertaining that was, but I guess it's fairly representative.
Labels: memes
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home